Kitchens are the unmistakable showpiece of every home. This signature room regularly claims the No. 1 spot on the Return on Investment list and remains one of the most – if not the most – important factors in a buyer’s decision-making process. And homes touting a “luxury kitchen” in their real estate listing tend to sell faster, at a higher price.
The designation of “luxury kitchen” is not beholden to any specific style or floorplan. But “big” tends to be a prevailing characteristic of the $100,000 kitchen remodel. A six-figure commitment often heralds a complete overhaul of the kitchen space to include new plumbing, wiring, window settings, crown molding, and much more.
Key design elements factoring into a $100,000 kitchen remodel include:
- Cabinetry. Quality, custom cabinets are one of the primary expenses when remodeling a kitchen, largely due to the cost of the wood (walnut and sycamore are among the priciest options). When considering a $100,000 kitchen remodel, cabinets must also be aesthetically sound inside and out. Meticulously finished craftsmanship sets the mood, while easy, organized access to the items inside provides impeccable functionality.
- Countertops. Many homeowners also tend to splurge on custom countertops and backsplashes, due to the almost limitless design options available. Granite, quartz, and synthetic materials provide color and contrast, while more unique options such as marble and onyx can create a breathtaking stage for high-end accouterments.
- Appliances. The tools that populate a $100,000 kitchen remodel vary from homeowner to homeowner. Chef-caliber appliances, such as processors, blenders, and beaters; stainless steel, freestanding ovens and range hoods; modular refrigerators, and more allow aspiring cooks and casual homebodies, alike, to create the kitchen that best fits their lifestyle.
- Water Works. Don’t forget the kitchen sink. This unsung hero of every kitchen in the nation is used up to 20 times a day. Popular options include stainless steel, undermount versions to trend-setting farmhouse sinks. High-quality plumbing fixtures can add significant expense, but offer a visual aesthetic and flow to your finished room.
- Lighting. Undercabinet workspace lighting, glass cabinet lighting, and track lighting are consistently popular features, while pendant lighting has become a rising star thanks to its ability to make a space feel larger.
- Flooring. Hardwood or tile are the most popular choices when embarking on a luxury kitchen remodel. These options are not only the most upscale, but they are also the most durable and long-lasting.
Cossentino & Sons Remodeling & Design, Inc. caters to homeowners desiring custom, high-end kitchen design. We can help you plan your remodel, from floor to ceiling. Visit us online or call (410) 442-0000 today to talk with us about your dream remodel project.